Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

wild child

I love this page and was happy with the result,
I am inspired by Such A Pretty Mess, and Gabriella's work, so,aking a concept and showing that if you don't have the exact patterned paper, that you see on a layout, you can make your own.
I took some cream card stock and layered it with leaves, ferns and grasses, and randomly spritzed it with glimmer mist(creme de rouge and Kiwi) then I have placed some stamped images in the corners etc and used the paper as I would a patterned one.

I have used lots of spellbinders here, the latest Grand Peony and Bird Sanctuary which I have embossed with Stampendous aged gold (loving this product) I have used it on the leaves too see below for close ups. I love making glitter leaves too you can see this on Down Under Direct Inspirations to the right on my blog there is a full tutorial there. Basically they are cut from Corduroy by a Spellbinder die and glimmer misted, outlined in dimensional paint and then glittered. There is also a tutorial for the butterflies there too. I love using the spellbinders to frame photos and matts too, overall the softness of this page really reflects the softness and colours in the rose on the hat, which was the look I was after, love it when a good plan comes together lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment