Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Megs Garden 2

Treasured Memories Layout
by Sue Smyth 


When my daughter was younger she was happy to pose for the camera 
for me, this is one of my favourite photos.
I could not resist creating a layout that reflected the colours and 
feel of the photo.



I have altered the Mia flowers by, dry brushing the centres with gesso.
Allow to dry and then spray with Cross your heart glimmer mist.
Dry off with a heat gun.
Spray with a little spray adhesive and sprinkle with
white glitter..
I cannot live with out white glitter lol


I love to create a laced bodice look, I have used an die 
that cut holes in a long strip, cut a large V in the paper and 
adhere the strips to the edge.
Lace with thin ribbon, tie of in a bow. 
Add scalloped lace or paper to the sides 
and add a row of pearl strips over the join.

To alter the butterfly I have adhered the transparency to 
white cardstock to intensify the colour.
Use large tape or jac paper to adhere, as 
some glues will corrode the printed image.
Then fussy cut as normal.


To alter the Azalea flower, I have spritzed the flower with water, 
add a drop of lemon glimmer mist with a pipette.
The wet flower will wick the colour from the centre.
When dry spray with spray adhesive and sprinkle with white glitter ...yes again !


Add a delicate tassel to the bottom of the laced bodice for 
that rich historic look.


Megs Garden Materials 

Imaginarium Chipboard
Wrought fence and Treasured Memories phrase

Happy Crafting 




1 comment: