Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Altered Shoe

There really isn't much I can say about this off the page item, as I think it speaks for itself, a very pretty piece of frippery lol This came down to Melbourne with me to the Papercraft show, so it is well traveled. 
This a valentines day center piece, could be used for a wedding or birthday anything you like. 


I have found an extremely high set of shoes in Kmart, I would never wear them lol. They had a lovely caramel suede surface, which of course I painted with gesso and texture paste, but allowed bits of the suede to show through. Then I have painted the whole piece with dimensional magic and drenched it with white glitter. I love to use glitter as a medium not just a highlight.  Lots of bling and pearls to the shoe itself, which is again swiped with gesso and then spritzed for a hint of colour. Of course I have the other shoe so look out for what I do with that, I have a red glitter concept in mind lol


7 comments:

  1. This was my favourite piece at the show! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee do I get a blue ribbon lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue you should put this shoe in the Royal show, you should get a blue ribbon :) Fabulous, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Sue

    Just beautiful, lovely... Teena has me doing 2 for her. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sue love this shoe it is beautiful, looking forward to seeing the red one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for an idea like this to do something with a pair of shoes my late niece had that she loved. I don't have the heart to throw them away, but want to preserve them... this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete