Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November loveliness



Mad Hatters Tea Chest 
and 
Catcher of Dreams Layout 
By Sue Smyth 


This month I am sharing two projects I have taught around Australia this 
year, first is a small box for holding tea with an Alice in Wonderland 
theme. Second is a layout using my Artsy treasures and ID chipboard to 
Create a Dream catcher style layout.



I have cut down one of the borders to create a frame on the lid 
of a Graphic 45 kraft box 


I added feet (wooden beads) to give the box some height and 
definition.


The spine is decorated with a playing card and resin bracket.


Inside I have used torn up text to cover the kraft surface, (and the outside)



And I have decorated the tags that came with the box 
with Alice in Wonderland Artsy Treasures.


To top the box is a resin Mad Hatter, he is painted with Inka 
Gold colours and placed over the ID frame.


Next is my layout.............


I love doing a mixed media layout and intend to do more, I create 
my own background to suit the photo.


The ID feathers are painted with gesso first, then I give 
them a second stippled coat, and dry off 
to bubble and blister.
Then I have coloured them with Scribble sticks and water.


I have used the scribble sticks to colour the flowers too, and to colour
the compass ID chipboard.


I have snipped the compass/clock chipboard, around the 
centre to create 2 pieces, and threaded cotton 
around the larger one to make a dream catcher.


Here are some close ups.




Oh and I used the same elements (except the photo)
to make a journal cover. Which I secretly like 
even better lol.






Here are some close ups of the prills and 
feathers etc.




I hope you are inspired by my projects and bonus
book, and 


some of the chipboard used 



Happy Crafting 



2 comments:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It is in fact the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG lighter than us.

    (And realistically, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Tap on this link to uncover if this little test can help you find out your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete