Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

ribbon spool candle holder



What a busy week I have had 4 classes and one of them the Magic Carousel was a huge and long class, but we all had fun, especially thinking of all the other ways we could make the carousel, for ballerinas to dragons, instead of horses!! I would love to make them all but not enough time.

I will upload a pic of a project I did for Down Under design team, a candle holder made from a tall ribbon spool, I just love recycling or turning something you would throw out, into a thing of beauty. I have made the flower from the Rose Creations Spellbinders, but instead of wetting and scrunching the flower this time I have rolled it and split some of the petals and pinched the petals between thumb and forefinger to give a kinda point to the petals. I have of course inked each flower first and brushed it over with pearlescent medium lastly. I have used circle and scallop spellbinders to cut the circle shapes and just cut one out into a doughnut shape and cut one side to slip around the spool. Hope you like it cheers sue

No comments:

Post a Comment