Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

fairest of them all


I took one look at the ornate frame from Kaiser craft and immediately thought of the Mirror in Snow white and the fairest of them all, which of course is my daughter (every mum thinks that)
I resisted the temptation to paint the frame gold and shabby it up. Instead i painted it
cream and rolled crackle on with distress inks and the rollergraph crackle roller (my cheats way of achieving crackle) i find the paints tedious and they don't always work.

I have made the flowers with spellbinders Rose Creations of course, but this time i have scrunched the inner flower part with water and glimmer misted, but the outer petals i have just shaped and scrunched only a little. I have added some butterflies and elegant posts from Spellbinders too. The elegant posts make a great trellis. I was really pleased with the end result and some of my students will do this as a class soon.

1 comment: