Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

how many sleeps til christmas?





















I dont know exactly how many sleeps til christmas I am sure my kids could tell you, but I dont think I want to know really. Today I will share with you what I have been up to lately, the house above is made from a MDF purchased kit, I have papered it with brown cardstock, which I have stamped, bleached and ink up to look like gingerbread. What I wanted was the look of a gingerbread house, that would keep forever and not be eaten!! The roof is plastered with texture paste to resemble snow, and the lovely striped candy is some red and white straws, available from kitchen shops. they look just like candy canes I think. I have used Martha Stewart's grass punch to create paper snow on the roof edges etc. Lots of little buttons and embellishments that I have saved over the years really came in handy with this project. Because the back is open like a doll house, I have stored all my little mini albums inside, so it is practical too...you may remember my halloween house, I thought I would never do another house, how wrong I was, but as this kit was only $5.00 it was just tooooo tempting.

Also, I have a pic of a project I do every year, I create a theme...ie angels and then make a chip board/card decoration, some year's it has been a star, others a bird house, this year is an angel bauble featuring my own stamp design. Once I have the bauble made I attach it to a CD of music featuring christmas carols with an angel theme, and of course decorate the CD cover too. This is really not an expensive project to do, just time consuming, I start it early in the year and do it when time permits, then panic at the end of the year because I dont have enough of them done..lol. this year I made 30 hope it is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment