Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Just a Boy

Just a Boy layout 
by Sue Smyth 
Sharing a layout made with Kaszazz products today. I love using cogs and sprockets for boys, and one of my favourite ways is to adhere loads of them to cardstock and then paint with gesso. The gesso will absorb the Dylusions at a different rate than the cardstock and will give a wonderful variation in colours.
Use dylusions and sprays to colour the gesso, and finally swipe with ink or paint to highlight areas.
Simple spiky flowers, these are great for boy pages as they are not soft and feminine, they kind of look like a rosette. Because they are simple they fit on Mixed media boy style layouts.


Use brick template and swipe the page with gesso first, then adhere sprockets and cogs cut from lightweight chipboard. Old cereal boxes will do. The randomly paint with gesso and spray the colours you desire.

Step 1
Cut out 3 circles the same size 

Step 2
Edge with gesso. Allow to dry

Step 3
Spray with Dylusions 

Step 4
Snip edges of all three together.

Step 5 
Pierce hole and insert brad.

Step 6
Ruffle edges to create a simple rosette style flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment