Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mixed Media Album

Mixed Media Album
by Sue Smyth

A while ago I created this mixed media album from Kaszazz products. They have a gorgeous range of metal and resin products new out. What I like about this project is that you always end up with something different every time you make one of these creative albums. I love to make them as unique presents or gifts.

To create the base I have simply covered the 8 x 8 chipboard pages with any patterned paper, see below. The usual way with mitered corners. Adhere to the chipboard with Glue and seal.


Then use the Bricks stencil and gesso to create texture, along with lace, masking tape and scraps of cardstock.


Once all has dried, paint roughly with gesso, and dry. Then spray with your choice of 3 dylusions. Using more than 1 color gives great depth and interest. The gesso base, absorbs some of the strong colour to give you a variation in the strength of your colours.
Arrange all your elements in a cluster on the cover, glue down with Glue and seal, dry off with heat gun.
Paint gesso over all elements roughly. Take care not to dislodge any elements.

Add a title, you can paint the chip title with gesso and then spray with dylusions. Allow to dry and coat with Glossy accents. This will activate the intensity of the dylusions again, for a bolder colour.
Rub gold paint along the bottom.

Swipe around the edges with Black gesso.
To finish rub Adirondack gold paint over the raised areas to bring up the detail and add a touch of luxury and shine.

Add pearls and bling and bind with a Cinch from We are Memory Keepers.


Covers before painting with gesso and spraying 

Back cover, use scraps and tape to create texture.


1 comment: