Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

imaginarium blog hop


Imaginarium Blog Hop challenge

CHALLENGE CRITERIA
Its all about celebrating that
'ONE OF A KIND'
extraordinary someone, something, experience or event!
see details below 

Adore My Girl
By Sue Smyth


My contribution to the sketch blog hop is this layout, filled with 
chip and soft colour and a few tricks which I am sharing below.

I love to cluster items together. Here are some altered flowers chip and gorgeous 
tassel, my favourite thing this year.
The chip feather I have inked with archival ink. Then flick 
white dylusions or you white paint pen over the top
add details with white paint pen. 
Spray gloss krystal cote over the top, sometimes
this will alter the colour of the white, which I quite like,this time
it has picked up the purple base of the black ink.

The gorgeous flowers are altered with spray inks. The azalea
I have misted with water, and simply added purple spray mist with
a small pipette only to the centre. The wet flower will
wick out the colour, and in this case the pigments will separate 
the blue in the flower is purely accidental and the pigments of the spray 
separating out. 
The other flower I have sprayed and dried off. Once dry
draw lines on the petals with a white paint pen and dots around
the centre, add a large adhesive pearl for effect.

For my flourish this time I have painted with gesso first. Then coat
with dimensional magic, and sprinkle with micro beads, any colour.
Allow to dry and paint with gesso again, nice and finely no clumps please.
When dry spray with Lindys stamp gang green mists, I like to mix 
the greens. Allow to dry again and sponge
onto the tips with Worn lipstick Distress ink! for a 
soft look to the ends of the tendrils.

The lovely pleated paper adds structure to the layout. Simply
trim cardstock to about 3  or 4 cms. Wet with water and 
pleat with your fingers. Dry with heat gun, manipulating with 
your fingers as you do.
I have randomly brushed with gesso, and sometimes I even
sew down the centre of the pleated paper for added stability



Chipboard Used  

Happy Crafting 

Okay so here is the...
CHALLENGE CRITERIA
Its all about celebrating that
'ONE OF A KIND'
extraordinary someone, something, experience or event!

THEME
You can of course scrap about your beautiful mother,  the experience and wonderment of motherhood or maternal bonds that are the glue that keeps your family together, but lets keep that optional. You may instead want to scrap about something extraordinary or that special something because its unique and there is nothing else quite like it. Or alternatively you could include the phrase 'ONE OF A KIND' in your title work, journaling and or quote.

PICK A TEMPLATE
You must use one of the 5 sketches from the 'ONE OF A KIND'  Page Drafts Release #30.
 You may rotate the sketches any which way your heart desires however your creation must remain as close as possible to the original sketch design. 
NB: You are more than welcome to submit more than one page, digital, traditional, cards and canvas are all welcome
so long as your project clearly shows a sketch has been used from release #30.

FOLLOW PAGE DRAFTS
If you havent already, follow both the Page Drafts Blog by clicking on the followers tab above and follow the Page Drafts Facebook Page . Do the same for Imaginarium Designs Blog along with the Imaginarium Designs Facebook Page.
NB:This is crucial to submitting your entry and being in the running for one of the 3 prize packs.

SHARE YOUR CREATION
Share your finished project no later than 31st May 2014 Australian EST on the Page Drafts facebook page, you can only do this if you are following the Page Drafts page. The page will then be featured and shared in the special 'ONE OF A KIND' 2014 Album. This is where the judges will be able to view and deliberate over your beautiful creations.
NB: If you do not use facebook thats fine, simply email your pages to justagirlwithideas@hotmail.com
or alternatively if you blogged about your artwork link us up in the comments field below.

This competition is open to everyone everywhere!





No comments:

Post a Comment