Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Couture Creations 1

Little Artist Layout
by Sue Smyth 

Hi Bloggers
we don't always think of using dies for mixed media, but 
I love using my dies to cut out light weight chipboard
and using them for texture in a mixed media piece.
The arty look suits my photo of DD who even at a 
young age would fill sketch book after sketch book
with drawings, and still does. 

Adhere die cut mini doilies all over cardstock and when dry
paint with gesso.
Spray with your favourite coloured sprays and dry again.


Wipe the raised areas with gold metallic paint to highlight 
the texture.

Add a few details, like sequins and beads, with some 
splots of ink for a painted effect.


When the glue was wet, I have added a light
sprinkle of micro beads for extra texture.



To make the cheery orange flowers, die cut several sizes
with Layered flowers dies, arrange in order of
size and fasten with a brad.


1. Then dry brush with gesso, allow to dry.
2. Then spritz with water and scrunch up, dry off again
3. Then spray with colour, scrunch and dry again.
4. Lastly spray with adhesive glue and sprinkle with white glitter 

Couture Creations Materials list 


Happy Crafting



1 comment:

  1. Love the colours you have chosen here Sue and the sequins are a lovely touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete