Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Couture Creations guest




Ooh La La Vintage Sampler 
By Sue Smyth 

Recently I taught this Vintage Sampler 
at Workshop Wonders, to 50 eager ladies.
But I wanted to also share it with all of you too, 
as Ooh la la is such a versatile paper range, you will
be able to use it in many different formats.
This is a more formal layout with a Vintage or Heritage feel.


The Magnolia Lane paper flower is altered to suit.
First snip out the stamens.
Then spritz the centre with a khaki colour glimmer mist
Dry with a heat gun.
When dry spray with adhesive and dip into 
white glitter for a glorious sugared look.
Then add a generous pearl.



Here I have altered the chipboard bracket frame.
First paint with black gesso, dry with heat gun 
allowing it to bubble and blister.
Then smear over Pharaoh liquid drops.
Heat with heat gun allowing it to blister and bubble.
Then while hot, spritz with 1 or 2 
bursts of black spray ink 
Continue to heat for a few seconds 
then let cool for a lovely bumpy antiqued look.


Trim out you selected butterfly roughly,
adhere to a scrap of cream or white cardstock.
Then fussy cut out. This will give the 
butterfly strength and stability.
I have added liquid drops and also a little 
white glitter for sparkle


Add a small amount of liquid drops over the 
die cut window, use it as you would 
any gold paint. This doubles the use of one product.


This layout suits those sepia vintage photos so well.



The colours of Ooh la la, are a perfect match 
to gold trinkets, black lace and gold.


The label paper is cut and trimmed  then adhered 
to trimmed cream cardstock.
Then I have used scrap chipboard to give even
more dimension, so the whole layout 
has a layered effect.


The altered flower is softened with a twist of white fibre
you could also do this with gauze.



Happy Crafting 


Sue Smyth 






No comments:

Post a Comment