Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Home sweet Home



I had such fun decorating these fun little bird houses from Print Blocks, it is amazing the things you squirrel away for future projects, little feathers pine cones, nests and leaves. I even had the word nest from an old project, and for the tiny eggs I used the tips of cotton buds spritzed with glimmer mist. The nest house has eggshell for the roof which works really well. I have used lots of gesso of course, the pearls I used were black and not the right colour so I swiped some white gesso over them, it took 2 seconds to alter the colour, how easy!

4 comments:

  1. Really love the eggshell technique Sue and using cotton tips to create tiny eggs is genius! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bird houses are so adorable, love all the bits and pieces, loving that egg shell roof, great texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off-the-charts-cute!!
    I agree with the other comments left ... that egg shell roof effect is awesome ... you might need to do a step-by-step for us?? Cheers from Kel.

    ReplyDelete