Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

coy smile


Sorry to have no blogs lately, I have been soooo busy with the Scrapbooking and Papercraft show coming up in June, not long away now though. Blogging has taken a back seat while I prepare kits etc. But today is one of my last layouts for Down Under Direct.
I have stepped down from the design team, because I have more and more on my plate lately. Something had to give. I have been on the team for 2years exactly, and had a wonderful time, while there. I think the discipline of only using cardstock has made me a better artist, and of course using Spellbinders really makes you stretch your imagination with great results. I have enjoyed bringing you all my layouts and cards each month and will continue to bring you work from Couture Creations and Imaginarium( have some great ones coming up. 
Many of my layouts will be at the June show, in the tutor display, so if you want to see them In Real Life, be sure to pop by. Not to mention see if you can track me down and say hello, I will be at the Practical Publishing stand and in class room 9 teaching, spaces are still available if you are interested.

As for the layout above you may notice the webbing on the flowers, before I cut them out I covered the cardstock in plaster's mesh, then cut and coloured as usual. A great way to add texture and interest. The photo is one of my daughter years ago, who was so miffed at wearing the hat, she did not want to smile for me, as a sort of revenge for making her wear the hat!!


2 comments:

  1. wonderful details on your layout, have a great time at EXPO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh ... LOVE the bright greens and pinks in this layout and thanks for the tip with the mesh on the flower petals... I really like that effect. Smiles form Kel.

    ReplyDelete