Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Mad Hatters Hat and Boy Layout


Hello everyone
Today I am sharing a project that I made for the Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo 2013 in Brisbane, so you will see it there IRL if you pop by.
The theme in our class room is the Mad hatters tea party, so I thought it would be great to make a hat from Scratch as you do !!



To start with I created the hat with blotting paper! yes it sounds strange, but I wanted it to be soft and flexible, the top is a lid from an old small hat box, which gives it strength.
Then I spray painted it black and coated it with texture paste over a Prima stencil. Then I have painted with metallic paints and glimmer mists, and finally wiping gold paint over the raised textured areas.
Then I set about decorating it with Imaginarium chippie, and things I had on hand, I literally went mad with the embellishment. Below are some close ups ..enjoy! 









Other Materials 
Rhinestones
paper flowers 
gesso
texture paste
ribbons
lumieres paints 
gold paint 
Couture Creations material flower
Scissors 
Hand made hat pins
cotton spools
buttons 
small jar
tags
tape measure 
white bunny
prima flower sprays
petaloo flowers 
clocks 
Handmade Halo metal trinkets
spotted & blue feathers 
Micro beads
playing cards
mini mushroom
cards of eyelets and clips
green tara leaf flourish
small bird
florists fibre for bird nest
braid and pleated ribbon
pink organza 
thimble and plastic needle
and any thing you like ...




Imaginarium Chipboard 




Boy Layout 


And now for a layout, I love the colours in this photo of my middle boy, the Autumn leaves on the ground are just so colourful. So I wanted to play with those colours and make a kind of landscape for the photo to sit in. The base is plain cardstock which I have altered with texture paste and stencils, also I have adhered bamboo skewers, beads and paper towel to create loads of texture. Once dry I have painted with gesso and then spritzed with glimmer mists Marigold, Cross your heart and Turquoise. I love this kind of mixed media background, I use it all the time and each time it will come out different, then you can build your layout on that using the colours and textures to guide you. 




We have chickens and guinea fowl, and I just love the spotted feathers, so I wanted to make a feather just like the guinea fowls. First I painted it black, ink or paint it dosnt matter, then flicked white linen dylusions over the top. Then use a white paint pen to make more obvious spots and lines around the sides. Coat with dimensional magic, it looks fantastic I think. 


I chopped the top off a fence, as I used the top in another project, but waste not want not and used the remainder in this layout. Notice the small beads set into the texture paste and the liquid pearls near the title.



I love dragon flies, this one I have painted with green lumiere paints, then splots of blue and micro beads to the centre. Once the micro beads are dry wipe over with lumieres again.

With the dandelion, I painted with  Crushed Olive Tim Holtz Distress paint, dry, coat the tops with dimensional magic and apply micro beads. When dry, smear gesso onto micro beads, and the stems, add white paint pen to highlight and add spots. 


Imaginarium Chipboard 



Other Materials 
Bamboos skewers
Hand Towel
white glitter
gesso
Turquoise, Marigold and Cross your Heart Glimmer mist
buttons
scallop lace
brads
texture paste
small beads
copper liquid pearls
Turquoise stickles
Micro beads
dimensional magic
florists fibre
Couture Creations assorted flowers
Petaloo flowers
Black paint or ink
metal trinkets




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Mad Hatters Hat, just amazing, love all the textures and all the bits and pieces around the whole hat. Are you going to wear it at the Expo :) ???? Have fun at the Expo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually A it dosnt fit, I made it smaller so nobody would be putting it on their head and breaking it lol purely decoration !

    ReplyDelete