Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Megs Garden Card Sue Smyth

Merry Christmas Card
by Sue Smyth 


Hi Bloggers 
Today I am sharing a Christmas card, with a mini tutorial to make the 
awesome sugared roses I have used.
I have also used a trinket/finding to create a 
metal tree topper, just pop a shiny
rhinestone in the centre for added bling..


I love to cut a window in a card the easiest way to do 
this is with Nesting dies.
First adhere the paper to the card front and cut 
an oval shape from the front.
Then create a frame.
In this case I have a scalloped version and plain 
version, oval die. Just cut the scalloped one first and 
then the plain one.
I just line mine up by eye and then cut to make 
a delicate frame that can be adhered over the 
card window.


Once you have cut the frame, cover 
with white enamel accents. 


Then  
sprinkle with white glitter for a 
white snowy glittery look.

To Decorate the card 
I love to make these sugared roses and use them
on cards and layouts all the time. 


Step one.
Take a small rose or flower and open
out the petals a little 


Step 2 
Spray with Spray adhesive all over.


Step 3
Dip into a tub of white glitter 


Step 4
Take out of glitter and shake off excess.
use on a card or layout as desired


Megs Garden Products 


Happy Crafting All

Sue Smyth 


No comments:

Post a Comment