Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

imaginarium designs


Paint brush and folder of love
By Sue Smyth 



Earlier in the year I taught a class on an altered paint brush. Paint brushes
have been "done" before but this is my take on it.


A nice close up of the cluster of metal trinkets 


And  I wanted to include a photo in my version
Here are a few more close ups





My Next project is a folder 

I wanted to make a folder that I could store either flat items in (in plastic folders)
or mixed media A4 panels, see below. 



Here are a few close ups 





I used one of my favourite techniques, adhering the negatives of chipboard to the folder, then painting with black gesso.
Then layer over the colours you like ending with inka gold.



A panel is great for backing a fragile phrase, it then looks like a sturdy plaque.


Paint all of your elements with black gesso too.



For my layers of colour this time I have used
a wash of inka gold turquoise 


Then rubbed in some copper inka gold. and added a few
spots of colour



And a few more spots of matt colour over top.


Rub Vintage gold alchemy wax over the black items to pick 
up glorious details. And adhere onto cover with gel medium
I use gel medium as it has a lot of "flex" when it dries
so items do not "pop" off as much. And it holds things well
while working. Start the drying process with a heat gun
and let the rest happen naturally.


I have added a resin face in my frame, but you could easily do a photo
or a cluster of metal elements.

I have not listed the chipboard I used this time 
as there are so many.

Happy Crafting all


No comments:

Post a Comment