Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

A girl thing

This layout for Down Under inspirations, was inspired by Heather Jacob, who sent in a layout for Australian Scrapbook Ideas designer gallery. I was immediately taken by her layout as it used plain black cardstock for the background, which seems a bit too harsh. But I think it worked so well I had to try it too. The black really allows the white doily dies to show up. I had to spritz it too, I mixed white paint with isochol, and put it in a spritz bottle, to create the splots of white, which soften the black. The black roses are made by Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms, which I have sprayed with adhesive and dipped in black glitter. Along with my usual flowers and of course my new fav die foliage 2 ...enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Love that black cardstock background, the white just pops off the page..fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete