Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

megs garden





Vintage Flower tags 
By Sue Smyth 


Hi Bloggers
I love a sampler, and this time I wanted to use shipping tags,
along with the Forgotten Meadows papers.
A sampler is a great way of making a lot of
mis matched and left over papers 
work together. It is also a good 
way to use up left overs or card packs. 


The pink rose tag did not need too much to embellish,  I have 
added Dimensional magic to the edges of the rose petals
and sprinkled over with white glitter to frost the edges.


I always adhere my paper butterflies to white cardstock
for strength and this time I have added a little glitter to the wings.



Trim the extra leaves off the lacy flower, ( use on another tag)  and adhere tiny
adhesive pearls to the stamens in the centre for 
a little depth and shine.


To get nice colour on the Azalea, simply draw a line
down each petal and spots around the petals with a Tombow or water
soluble pen, then spritz with water and dry off with 
a heat gun.


Of course I have added a faux cameo, by die cutting a 
gorgeous vintage lady, cupping it over a mouse pad
with a stylus and adhering to a glittered scalloped 
oval with 3 D foam tape. Add small pearls one at
a time to achieve that gentle oval curve.


These tags are large shipping tags I have
 cut down to fit on the page nicely.
And I have inked all of the edges with Distress ink.


Apply a small amount of white gesso over the 
silver plastic trim to soften the harsh silver sheen.
It looks way more vintage then too.


Again add a little gesso to the bracket and trim for 
an aged vintage look.
Add pearls and bling for shine.


Adhere each tag to the background with 3 D foam tape.
Or like me use scraps of chipboard to raise them 
up nicely.


Add a small rhinestone to the centres of the 
silver plastic trim, after you have added
a little gesso. It looks just like a mini
brooch then.


Add some fussy cut flowers, again cup the centres for a 
dimensional look and add small 2mm rhinestones for 
the centres.


Rub gesso over the wings of the blue bird to pick up the 
detail.



Megs Garden Materials 




Happy Crafting 

No comments:

Post a Comment