Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

imaginarium

Fantasy Canvas and 
8 x 8 album

By Sue Smyth 


Hi Bloggers
Today I am sharing a fantasy canvas I made for the June show Tutor display.
I just wanted to make something for fun and see where it would lead me.



I have started with a skinny canvas and some old paint brushes, I thought 
they would look good as a skirt and went from there to make a 
body with the corset chipboard, some wings and a small
dolls head.


I have double embossed the wings with gold emboss powder
 to give a nice lustre.


3 Feathers are placed over the paintbrushes to fill out 
the skirt, I have painted them with white gesso, 
sprayed with red dylusions and dried off.
Then I have rubbed over with gold paint, sprayed
with gold spray glitter  and 
added dots of gold liquid pearls.



To colour the brushes, I have painted them
with white gesso and sprayed with red dylusions.
then when dry rub over gold paint


For the top I have layered a selection of trinkets.
To colour randomly swipe with white gesso
and spray with red dylusions.
Wipe off any excess to leave colour in the crevices 
and detail of the trinket.


The corset chipboard is embossed with an embossing 
folder first, then painted with white gesso and sprayed with
red dylusions as well.
When dry rub over with gold paint, I have also 
added a layer of Dimensional magic for shine too.

Imaginarium Chipboard 


8 x 8 Album



For this project, I wanted to make an album for my sisters 50th Birthday
but I did not want to fill it with photos, as I will leave
that to her. So inside is just plastic pockets with 
cardstock, waiting for any photos she chooses.

I have covered a purchased album with paper towel and
gel medium, add white gesso, dry off and spray with 
your choice of colours to make a great
textured base to add your chipboard and flowers.


Like the project above I have stuck with a gold theme.
Chipboard is either double embossed with gold embossing powder.
Or sprayed black with matt black spray paint
and rubbed over with gold paint.


You can see in this photo the difference these two techniques
give, the title is double embossed and the flourish below is 
sprayed and rubbed over with gold.


Add a cluster of flowers 


buttons and 


bows to make it nice and girly and you are all done.

Imaginarium Chipboard 





Happy Crafting all 




No comments:

Post a Comment