Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hearts Ease Tea light card

 Hearts Ease Tealight 
Card
by Sue Smyth 

Here is a sweet idea for all of those card makers out there.
This is a fold out card that holds a tealight, which is a lovely
gift to give anyone.


I have cut an oval window in one side to see the decorated
tea light in side. Then die cut a scalloped oval frame to
go over top.


Decorate the sides with smaller panels of Victorian labels die
and Scalloped & Nested circles for the centres.


You can personalize the greetings you put on the sides to 
suit you.


Then tie it all up with tie dyed seam binding. You can light 
the candle with the box folded up or down. 
As hot air rises it will not burn the sides, but if you are
worried, just pop one of those battery tea lights in instead!


Follow the little step by step below to alter your flower.


I have also altered the leaves the same as a previous post, with
gesso and distress inks.


Couture Creations Materials 



Step 1
paint with a smidge of white gesso, and dry off.


Step 2 
Apply Distress ink with a finger dauber all over flower 


Step 3 
Spritz with a little water (not a lot) and allow to ink to blend.


Step 4
Dry flower and apply glitter glue or white glitter.
This will give you a  pastel frosty looking flower. 



Happy Crafting 



No comments:

Post a Comment