Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Sampler


Christmas Sampler 
By Sue Smyth 


Hi all 
I just love Christmas, so when I saw the new Christmas images 
from Megs Garden I just had to 
use them to make a sampler to celebrate 
Christmas,

You don't need to have every panel the same size, this 
time I have included a chipboard window with
an Christmas image behind it as a focal point


Each panel is a work of art in itself, I have used the Christmas 
letters to create the NOEL and tucked a bow and 
tassel below it.


The window has leaves which are roughly dabbed with 
white gesso as snow, and I have added a metal lock
also dabbed with "snow"



The Scalloped rectangles, have the edges smeared with
dimensional magic and then dipped into fine
white glitter. This adds an elegant glittered look
without adding too much colour.


Raise each of the panels up onto scrap rectangles of
chipboard, this saves on difficult to cut foam tape, and
also it will last longer in our sometimes extreme heat !


I have altered a trinket, by adding a small circle of the 
silver trim, coat with gesso first and adhere to the centre 
of the filigree element, then add a pearl and 2mm gemstones.

Megs Garden materials 
Ribbons and lace 

Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas to all  



No comments:

Post a Comment