Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Sunday, December 20, 2015

megs garden blog post

Santa is knocking on your door 
canvas 
by Sue Smyth 

For Christmas this year I have made a canvas to celebrate
the season, using the Meg's Garden microscope slide images of
Santa.


They make awesome decorations, but I wanted to use them en masse!
So I have adhered them all to chipboard, trimmed them and edged
them in gold paint and then covered the edge with
dimensional magic and dipped into gold glitter.
When dry cover each image in dimensional magic for 
shine and sturdiness.


I have altered the lovely azalea flower by wicking. 
You may have seen this in past posts.

Wicked flower
1.Spray flower with water.
2 Spray craft matt with red dylusions ink
3 Dip flower into ink and twirl 
around to control the flower of ink
4 Dry off with a heat gun.
5. Spray with adhesive and sprinkle with a little 
white glitter


The microscope slides are then adhere to a textured canvas.


Add trinkets, like keys and door latches.


Cover the holly leaves in a little gesso to soften them and tuck
under flowers with teased muslin


I have finished by layering over top chipboard 
letters.

Meg's Garden materials 



Happy Crafting 

Sue Smyth

No comments:

Post a Comment