Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Imaginarium designs Sue Smyth post


Altered books, Birds and eggs 
by Sue Smyth 




You all know I love to alter a book or Journal
I was cleaning up my workshop 
and found an old jigsaw puzzle
and thought how wonderful this would look 
on a book!



So I set about adhering jigsaw to a book cover 
with gel medium


I have used assorted trinkets and painted them all black
to create a blank canvas to work on,
even one of Imaginariums tiny bead skulls ..
can you see it ?


I love the spine, here I have used flat backed 
pearls. Again once painted black they look like metal 
when you add metallic paint.


Love the sprinkle of micro beads too.


With the Scrapbook Expo recently, Jane Tregenza
challenged me to create something with 
her pretty birds on sale.


Of course you can use them as is, but I 
thought what if I do the same thing
to them as I do a book,


So I have painted the bird black with gesso
and rubbed over inka gold in various colours to 
pick up the wonderful texture of the wings and feathers.
Then I have made a nest and added some of
the little mushrooms too.

They are great painted black too. Heat 
the with the heat gun and they will
blister and crack.
Then add your lustre with inka gold




These dragon eggs dont actually use imaginarium 
chipboard, but they do use the same process 
as the above book and bird, so I thought
you might like to see them too


I think a trio of them looks great.


This one uses chipboard squares that
are pinned and glue to a styro egg.
Then painted black with gesso.


This egg uses wood fibre, that is wadded
down with gel medium. Apply lots 
and cut off the excess.


This egg uses cracked egg shell
that is adhered with gel medium.


A quick look at 
what the journal cover looked
like with raw jigsaw all over
 it. I think this will be a 
class somewhere in crafting land lol.



Happy Crafting 


3 comments: