Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

imaginarium fairy business


Fairy Business 
By Sue Smyth 



Recently I went to an visual installation that featured
fairies, dragons and elves, it was gorgeous.
It so inspired me to do a woodland
fairy canvas  



First I started with crumpled tissue paper, which I painted 
black, then I added wood fibre, also painted black


Then I painted the canvas moss green and dried
it off . And then added
inka Gold and metallic paints.


Next I altered a plastic doll to look like
a woodland fairy.
The wings are a large butterfly which
has had moss added to it.
I have added a skirt in sheet moss 

Cloisonne Butterfly technique 


This is one of my favourite techniques (please forgive the blurry
shot here lol)
Cover a chip butterfly with 
Purple liquid pearls, use 
a toothpick to move it out to the edges nicely.


Then add dots of gold liquid pearls.


Then use a toothpick to swirl the 
gold around the purple while it is 
still wet. Dont over do, 
then allow to dry. 


Then I have arranged my canvas, added
vines, tiny mushrooms, pine cones and flowers.

Here are some close ups to show the details








A little Christmas Cheer 



With the silly season almost here, my thoughts 
turn to decorating. 
This was a purchased book box that 
I thought would be lovely if decorated in side.


So I added some background paper then the 
ID window, which is covered with my 
faux snow..see below for recipe


It gives a wonderful textured look to the window


Then some green moss looks like 
foliage, especially when I have
dabbed it with a little white gesso to 
create a snowed look.



I have tucked some Tim Holtz deer in side the window too and 
of course some ID chipboard trees, also 
covered in the faux snow.

Faux Snow 

It is really difficult I know lol

1 teaspoon of white gesso
1 teaspoon of white glitter 
mix together until happy, add more glitter for more
texture.

You can use fine glitter (which I have) or 
chunky glitter for a more textured look.

Happy Crafting 





No comments:

Post a Comment