Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, April 21, 2018

little treasures



Little Treasures 
By Sue Smyth

After many years of creating and crafting, you can imagine that I have a lot of projects to display and keep. This can be a challenge, sometimes I give work away and it also goes around the country on display for classes, but mostly because I fall in love with what I have created, I keep it.
So from time to time I go small, do little things that satisfy my creative bug and dont take a lot of space when displaying. This time I had some old paint brushes that were begging to be used, and I have seen people or fairies made with them by others, so decided to have a go at it myself...my version if you will.


First up is my blue fairy, she has a gorgeous ID butterfly as her wings, I have covered patches
with dimensional magic then sprinkled with fine glitter, then when dry
I have filled in the remaining areas with dimensional magic and a contrasting colour
of glitter.



Then I have used a contrasting colour, Red ,this time using a solid ID chipboard
butterfly as the wings. I have used a medium with glass beads in it all over
the chipboard, while wet I drew in the medium to create ridges.
When dry I have painted with turquoise paint, then rubbed in
violet and gold inka and waxes.


They both are smallish brushes, so little charms fit them well, I 
found some little crowns and a heart with wings just in scale.


You can then add natural items like feathers, moss and muslin to 
create a skirt.


I have added a bit of sugar wire around the wings to 
create a fine line of detail.




Trophy Pringle box

Next I have altered a Pringle box, I just love these, and have done them many times before
something about the solid cylinder maybe that I love. You can used the to store things
after you alter them too, which makes the uber practical.


To follow my theme of this year, dragons, I have put a molded dragon on the 
front of this one.
It is a resin dragon I made myself, if you heat the resin after it is set and 
cast it will become pliable again (not liquid).
So I have bent it around the tin and allowed it to reset in that shape.


I have used ID chipboard to decorate the bottom and top of the tin and added a frame under the dragon.


The dragon though he is small has heaps of detail that comes up
so well with inka gold and waxes. But first I painted him with black gesso 


Then I have used Art Alchemy waxes and Inka Gold to colour him 
as desired.




I have added a cool plastic trophy, to the top, of course  I have altered it first.
then piled a lot of shiny beads over the base.
I have recoloured the beads with 
alcohol inks if needed.


And added some red micro beads around the dragons tail 
with a large purple rhinestone.


To finish I have also added seed beads over the larger beads
and allowed them to fall naturally over the sides.

Some of the chipboard used



Happy Crafting 


No comments:

Post a Comment