Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, June 21, 2018

mermaids and bugs rule

Mermaid Canvas
and Nature layout 


Recently I taught this mermaid layout at a retreat that was themed around the sea.
What better element to use than a mermaid, sitting in her own grotto and calling to the 
ocean around her with her shells and hand made anemones. 




The anemones are hand made from paper clay, painted and then mico beads 
added.
I have then added lots of resin elements too.



The mermaids tail comes up nicely with all of the inka gold paints and shimmer paints


I love to texturize the swirly frame with black gesso,
simply add lots of layers of gesso and heat in between to blister
and bubble, then when cool rub over with a gold wax or inka.
I have stuck black cardstock on the back for a neat base for the 
mermaid. 

Natures Girl


Next is a layout, using my ephemera sheet. Layouts are not something I do 
a lot of lately as my kids are grown and I dont take a lot of photos anymore
But it is nice to revisit special photos of the kids when they were young and use
them in new ways.



I love using ID small chipboard letters, they are small enough to 
fit anywhere and you can make up your own titles easily.
Simply paint them black with ink, gesso or mat spray paint.

  
I have fussy cut some flowers and clustered them together
with paper flowers and YES a few bugs and butterflies.



For the chipboard, one of my favourite tricks is to 
apply liquid pearls over the top of the chipboard
then paint black, dry off and rub over with a gold wax. 
It looks so old world then.




Lots of pretty fussy cutting and clustering to complete the 
layout along with an altered bug.


I finished with a little trinket and tag.

Happy Crafting 



No comments:

Post a Comment