Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, July 21, 2018

show business with Sue Smyth


Show business 
By Sue Smyth 



I can finally share the projects I taught at the Brisbane Papercraft Expo this year.
Of course each project featured Imaginarium Chipboard.
It makes designing a class so easy. The 
first class is a Dragon book, yes yes I know I like dragons
and you all might get bored with them but I dont lol
I have made a platform for the dragon with Imaginarium corners



Then filled the cavities with rhinestones and micro beads etc
I like to put them in place and drizzle Dimensional magic over the top
to adhere in place.



I love the Imaginarium chipboard sword, which 
I have added dimension to with liquid pearls and black gesso.
I have shown this technique in previous posts.


I love the corners in this book they are so medieval.



\
A neat close up of the seed beads and rhinestones.



The second project, is a canvas, featuring Dragon flies.
I have used a generic one for the large dragon fly and a resin one to match the 
lacy Imaginarium dragon fly.



I have covered the entire wooden shape with rhinestones and 
then painted black, dry off and layer over lots of metallic colour.


Love adding a resin shape and metallic colour


The dragon fly rests on a Swirly frame again simply 
painted black and rub over inka gold metallic paint


Love this little Treasure chipboard and you can see
I have flicked chalky teal colour over the top for interest.



Dragon fly heaven!!!




The third project is a framed canvas, the frame was part of the kit,
we just removed the glass so the dimensional panel could fit
right in.



This sweet little unicorn is just a eraser that is painted
black first.
Always look at things to see if they have a nice shape
and if they can be painted.


I have placed the Unicorn on a frame again
and filled the gaps with pearls.


The I have added a gorgeous trinket at the base with lots of rhinestones



A resin wing added 
to the top make this a Pegacorn, not a Unicorn,
or maybe it is just a flying Unicorn lol.


This was my favourite project from the show
a little fairy babe sitting in a mossy nest on a heart shaped 
door hanger wrapped in brown paper.


An ordinary butterfly cut in two makes the wings
and simple metal feathers the top of the wings.
The baby is a resin shape 


He sits cradled in an oval swirly frame,
with trinkets and resin roses tucked under it.



I love the tinsy lady beetle too, clustered 
around some wheat stalks, chipboard and green berries.


Doesn't he have just the sweetest little face.

I hope you enjoyed looking at the projects I taught.
I deliberately made them different colour stories and a variety 
of items, books, frames, canvas and door hanger (which could be converted 
into a canvas easily) so that if you came to all 4 of my classes
you did something different with a new technique each day
and I did have some lovely ladies who came to all 4 and lots came to 2 or 3
we had a lovely time.

Happy Crafting 



No comments:

Post a Comment