Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, April 21, 2017

Curious Creatures By Sue Smyth


Curious Creatures 
By Sue Smyth 

As you may know I love bugs and butterflies, so this month
I have combined both to create some rather Curious Creatures,
which one is your favourite 


I found some deep sided frames at Target and 
though they were just perfect for a project I had in mind

Recently I had bought a butterfly and scorpion that 
had been framed and I thought what if I mix
it up a bit and make my own hybrid bug.


This little fellow is a mix of frog and butterfly, I call butterfly frog.
I have used 2 sizes of ID chipboard butterfly 
and tucked some wings under neath 
The frog is painted black with 
matt black spray paint first then when 
dry paint with black gesso.
Rub over 2 contrasting colours of Inka gold 
or metallic paint.


This is the dragon fly and scorpion I call it dragon scorpion.
Here I have snipped the wings of ID dragonfly and embossed
with a metallic blue, then I have added 
wings underneath.
The plastic scorpion is painted the same as above.


I wanted to matt them on white 
to resemble the examples and what you would see in a 
museum


For some bling the 2mm gemstones are just perfect.
Adhere them with a little extra glue for a good bond.



The last one I created is a combination of rhinoceros beetle 
and butterfly, I might call this one rhino fly



He is decorated the same way as the above, I have 
used some of the ID chevrons too here on the back and
also above on the scorpion.
Just little details that add to the decoration


The Frames I sprayed black, and then 
rubbed over gold paint and 
some of Prima's waxes for the insect like iridescence.



Happy Crafting  




No comments:

Post a Comment