Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wicker Valentines Heart By Sue Smyth

Valentines Wicker 
Heart 
by Sue Smyth 


I love making pretty things, and this wicker heart fits the bill.
I have purchased a white wicker heart from a chain store, and 
decorated it as follows.



This will now hang in my scrap room, but you could give it as 
a Valentines present or change the greeting
and give as a gift for a baby nursery or Mother's day.


I have made sugared roses to decorate the floral lace heart, with purchased
flowers and glitter.

Step 1
Die cut Floral Lace heart from white cardstock 

Step 2
Use a Couture Creations finger dauber to apply soft 
pink to the flower areas of the die.
Step 3
Apply leaf green to all of the remaining areas. blending into the
pink slightly 

Step 4
Apply dimensional magic over top of inked die.
Smear out with your finger tip for a thin coat.

Step 5
Sprinkle with white glitter.

I have cut out 2 sizes from white cardstock with a nested heart die
Adhere the inked Floral lace heart to the smaller one
with Couture Creations 3 D foam dots.
Adhere pearls around the edge of the larger heart.
Tuck teased muslin in around the edges.
Adhere to the wicker heart. 
Die cut 10 Vintage Branches and tuck around 
the edge of the larger heart, dry brush with gesso.
Add a large bow, lots of flowers 
and an Imaginarium Chipboard word, embossed
with gold 


I made a cute Heart shaped card to match my wicker heart

Die cut the largest heart from pink cardstock
that has been already folded into a 15 x 15 cm card blank.
Make sure to overlap the die so you have 
a hinge left at the top of the card.
Then decorate as I have done for the wicker heart.


Couture Creations Materials 


Happy Crafting All 


No comments:

Post a Comment