Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Petite Parfum Potion Book by Sue Smyth


Petite Parfum Potion Book
 by Sue Smyth 



Hi Bloggers
Today I am sharing a special little project, that I just love.
It is a mini book featuring The Butterfly Garden Collection 

I took my cue from one of the labels in the set
Parfum Camia
which I gather means flower perfume, so I made this little 
book. I imagined another time when a well to do 
young lady would make notes in this book of her 
favourite flowers or perfumes.

I have cut 2 chipboard covers measuring 9 x 7cm and 
covered them with patterned paper and lace



For the book cut 8 panels measuring 14 x 9cm and score 
and fold at 7 cm.
Adhere all folded panels together back to back,
ink edges and adhere ribbon
over to top panel and bottom panel
before gluing the covers over
the top.


Fill a small glass vial with seed beads and swipe 
cork and glass with gesso for a shabby look.

Trim blue flowers from the ribbon they are
adhered to.
Use a heat gun to melt a little, this 
will straighten the petals and make them 
flatter and easier to work with.


Refer to my next post to find out 
how to create a tinsy butterfly like mine.



Trim an element from lace and
adhere to bottom of oval frame.
Add a gemstone to the centre as 
pictured.
Dont forget to add the hardware handle,
which I have swiped with a little gesso.

Trim an element from the silver trim
dry brush with gesso and drop
a small amount of gel glue 
to the centre, add a clear or pearl glass bead.



Wrap fibres around frame and decorate with more flowers
and a trimmed Parfum Camia 
panel altered to form a scroll. Also 
fussy cut the perfume bottle and tuck
beside the vial.

I hope you have a go at making this, it was such fun 
and so small it will not take up lots of room 
in your craft space.
It also makes a beautiful gift

Megs Garden Materials 



Happy Crafting 

No comments:

Post a Comment